Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
User Analysis Results
- The most consistent comment made by the testers of our site was one that said we needed to enlarge our content as most were having a difficult experience trying to read content.
- This was due in most part to having to open the prototype in flash if I am not mistaken
- That aside I think we should take that input into account and enlarge the text in our content boxes if possible
- Several users suggested that the static social media buttons were wasting space and that we should include them on the about us page instead
- I think a long static picture should occupy that space nicely
- Testimonials could be another possibility for that space
- The most important issue arose when the users were asked to find the price of a detection which we have under the about us tab at the moment.
- Many users suggested that we place it under the services tab, I think that is the best choice as well
- The social media links could be on the about us page to supplement the now empty space
- A couple of users felt that the varment guard banner at the bottom of the about us page should be larger as well. (What do you think?)
- A couple of people thought our bed bug info page content was lackluster
- They suggested that we should put information about the life span of a bed bug, highlighting the amount of time they can survive without a blood supply
- Three users suggested that we place the certification information under the about us tab
- Nearly every participant in the study stated that they felt that our site prototype felt legitimate and professional, with one user suggesting a complete revamp (I consider him to be an outlier though)
- Choice of font was well received
- Color scheme was well received (again, that same outlier was the lone objector)
- Users were able to find information on services using the service tag (service tag success)
- The majority of participants said they wouldn’t change anything (besides the overall size)
- It’s a good sign that the only consistent, major complaint was a technical error and not one that dealt with the design of our site.